Request for Qualifications – City of Middleton
The City in 2012 used the qualification based selection process to establish a roster of firms, specializing different aspects of City infrastructure, from which the City selects professional service providers.
It is time to update the rosters, so the City is requesting qualifications (RFQs) from qualified individuals and firms for the following rosters to provide services to the City of Middleton during 2015 – 2017: water engineering, sanitary sewer engineering, streets and transportation engineering, storm water related services, surveying, landscape architects, and FEMA/flood zone professional services.
A full copy of the RFQs are available on the City’s website at www.middleton.id.gov and by contacting Kandice Cotterell at
. Statements of qualification must be received at City Hall by 5:00 p.m. on November 28, 2014.
Middleton Police Department (MPD) Position: Officer
Open for Recruitment: October 15 – 31, 2014.
Salary Range depending on experience: $45,000- $50,000 / annually
Benefits: Paid vacation and sick leave, PERSI retirement, life insurance, and City pays health insurance (medical/vision/dental) after the deductible and co-pays for employees and 50% for dependents. Some of the equipment issued to officers includes uniforms, coats, boots, ballistic vest, Taser, and a Glock handgun.
- Perform traffic control and enforcement
- Conduct motor vehicle crash investigations
- Prepare reports
- Conduct criminal investigations
- Process and investigate crime scenes
- Effectively present testimony in a court of law
- Operate firearms
- Many other duties as assigned
- Specialty assignments may include: firearms instructor, drug recognition expert, field training officer, and DUI enforcement.
WORK SHIFTS: Shifts may vary depending on department needs. Officers must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and nights.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must:
1. Have at least five (5) years of patrol experience in the last 10 years or equivalent,
2. Be Idaho POST Certified Law Enforcement Officers or, if currently certified in another state then, successfully challenge the POST certification within sixty (60) days of conditional offer, and
3. Honorable discharge if military experience.
HIRING PROCESS: Applicants must meet all entrance requirements established by the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board, per Idaho Code 19-5109. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, certification, resume, work history, and three professional references to the City of Middleton, P.O. Box 487, Middleton, Idaho 83644.
Applicants meeting minimum requirements will be interviewed in Middleton. If selected, an applicant will be given an employment offer subject passing the following: 1) Background Check - including criminal, work and credit history, and references; 2) Psychological, medical, physical fitness, and polygraph exams; and 3) substance screening. Unsatisfactory results from the background check, exams or screening will disqualify an applicant, as will providing inaccurate information or withholding or concealing information during the hiring process.
Pave the Path to the Park Donation Form